Naald van Goedkoop (1944) | Carel Kneulman
Daniel Goedkoop Jr. (1850-1929) owned the Kromhout yard when he was approached in 1894 to take charge of a new shipyard, the NSM: Dutch Shipbuilding Society, later the NDSM: Dutch Dok en Scheepsbouw Maatschappij. After some hesitation, Goedkoop made the switch. The shipyard existed until 1984. At the 50th anniversary of the shipbuilding site in 1944, the staff offered a memorial with the portrait of the first director: De Naald van Goedkoop (The Needle of Goedkoop).